Effective September 1, 2019, a notarization fee of $10.00, per a maximum of five (5) documents, will apply.
- Notaries Public are elected by the County Commission to a four year term. The notarized application and $10,000
Notary bond must be received at the same time on or before the last business day of the month. The applicant’s
bond must include a statement reflecting that the bond is in effect for the duration of the Notary term, a four
year term or contain a correct expiration date. For applicable dates, click
- The Notary Public applicant must appear in person to sign the record book and receive the seal after the 10 day
waiting period from the date of the Commission approval.
- Notary applications are accepted Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- The fee for a new Notary Applicant or a Notary that is renewing and has the raised seal or black ink stamp is
$43.25. This fee covers the cost of the Commission Certificate issued by the Secretary of State and the cost of
the new ink stamp. A change in the law requires that all stamps be in a color other than black.
- For renewal Notaries that have the current ink stamp (other than black), the fee is $19.00 which covers the cost
for the Certificate of Commission from the Secretary of State.
- 2019 - 2020 Notary Commission Dates
Notary Public Law
According to Tenn. Code Ann. 8-21-1201, effective October 1, 2014, Notaries public are entitled to demand and receive
reasonable fees and compensation for the notaries public's services. The notaries public shall keep a record in a
well-bound book of each of the notaries public's acts, attestations, protestations, and other instruments of
Notaries public may choose to keep the records electronically by following the provisions of the law under the
authority of Tenn. Code Ann. 10-7-121.